Tuesday 17 January 2012

On a cold and frosty morning


Beautiful frosting on the Hebe this week.
It's been -4C, no more mildness, but a few breaks in the wind.


All the ground hugging foxglove leaves looked like this.


Alpine Strawberry leaves, a promise of things to come.


Frosty Epimedium


Same Epimedium without frost.
I've really appreciated it's glossy leaves through Winter


Subtle colouring on this small Azalea.
It will have lilac blooms around May


And of course, the seasons little wonders - snowdrops.
I'd seen some pushing through last week but then found that in other parts of the garden they were already in full bud. They will need a bit more time and sun to tempt them to open.

2 comments:

miss m said...

Your photos are really fabulous, Cally. Are you on G+ ?

I don't know if you caught my comment the other day about me moving to G+ (or using it as a blog extension anyway). Well, turns out it's really neat. REALLY. A lot like FB but better, I find. There's a HUGE photography community. Daily themes, the lot ! Great talent out there and a great place to showcase stuff, not just pics. Anyway, just thought you might like to know.

(ps. I left a message yesterday so you've probably read this already. I know you moderate comments so I don't know if my mess is in limbo or just didn't go through. I think there could have been a prob with the captcha.)

Cally said...

Miss M- Looks like your original comment didn't reach me.

Re. G+, I was tempted at first but decided not to go with it because I know there is the potential for it to repeat what facebook did i.e. to change it's rules and permissions at will and make my share my life in ways I don't want. I know that these things can be altered in preferences but I don't have the time or the inclination to be always updating my preferences so I'll keep avoiding these things for the foreseeable future. But thanks for the tip, I do like to know how people find things when they use them so I can make more informed decisions.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...