Tuesday 10 April 2007

Colour week - green



Joining in with Julie's colour week, today is green.
(ok, it was tuesday when I wrote it, but I've been kind of sick and I didn't realise I had wandered off and not actually posted it!)

Grass and stains on my knees, steamed veggies - my almost daily delight, the spring onions that I ate today that survived winter(!), the weed that floats on the surface of rivers, the sea with it's bluey greens that I love most of all. Fabrics I use in my garden in summer, balls of wool and thread in my sewing room, the hills and fields that make me feel at home. I love green.

So the picture...
I love the way the grass grows into the dry ski slope. I was thinking about maybe using that stuff to create a green driveway. I always see piles of it lying around from when the slope gets redone, it would be great to recycle it. I'm sure it would be sturdy enough to take the occasional visitors that have cars, but would still let me have soil and low growing plants, grasses, even herbs like thyme and chamomille growing through (but maybe not to be eaten, what with the car fumes on them). Hmm, now I'm wondering if maybe I should do a post on green carparks for Sew Green, as I've always liked them. Perhaps.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love green, and green carparks. why do carparks have to be horribly black or grey, couldn't we paint them at least? maybe like the Heidelberg Project idea? I wish I had a patch of green to enjoy some sunshine in... thanks for coming by and saying hi too.

julie said...

Great picture Cally and your unique idea for green carparks is fantastic! What about balconies??

Mattias Adolfsson said...

Nice blog
You can post my mobile homes if you want!

Delphine R2M said...

Hope it's going better now... And for me also, tuesday was green, but that only was a coincidence....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...